FACULTY OF LAW
SCHOOL OF UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
VACANCY: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANCE
POSITION NUMBERS: N001551
Purpose of the Position:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of administrative duties for one or more organisational entity to assist the smooth running of the administration and office.
Routines are generally prescribed. The variety, complexity and level of supervision required, amongst others, may influence the final job level.
- Grade 12 or equivalent is essential
- 2 years Secretarial and/or administrative experience.
- Formal training in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, Oracle, various applicable systems e.g. Management Information System (NQF 5) will be an advantage.
Other competency requirements:
- Proficient knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, office procedures and terminology.
- Proficient knowledge and skills with regard to the use of specific office software programs.
- Basic knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal services.
- Basic knowledge of the structure and content of the appropriate language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Utilize proper grammar, punctuation, spelling and correct arrangement of information.
- Proficient ability to utilize various software programs for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Perform basic mathematical operations with accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with students, visitors and staff.
- Demonstration of language proficiency in order to function optimally in the various multilingual environments of the NWU.
- Ability to prioritise ongoing administrative tasks and manage own time well.
- Actively look for ways to help staff and clients.
- Attention to detail.
1. General administration and correspondence
- General support to the Director Undergraduates studies.
- Generating/proofread of documents, etc. registration guidelines;
- Module/lecturer list in beginning of year- updated per semester.
- Teaching and Learning, action list and decision register.
- Provide statistics when needed.
- Post announcements.
- Type/edit, format and proofread correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
2. Record Management
- Record management of the Teaching and Learning Committee on Next cloud.
3. Logistics- Academic Assistants
- Assist with applications, and general administration regarding the student assistants.
4. Secretarial duties
- Schedule meetings, manage calendars and arrange appointments.
- Attend to general enquiries from staff, students and gave feedback.
5. Ad hoc
- Perform ad hoc administrative tasks as assigned by the Director or Senior Faculty Administrator superior for general functioning of the school/faculty/organisation unit.
View this and other vacancies online at freerecruit . co . za