Job Title: Debtors Administrator
Salary: R363 216.09 Cost to Company, per annum
Location: Head Office: Pretoria
Reporting Line: Manager – Finance
Overall Job Purpose: Provide debtor administrative function to the Council for Geoscience.
- Receive invoice requisition forms and register requisition in the invoice register
- Obtain invoice number and capture all relevant documentation
- Check all documents attached to invoice requisition (Quote, PO, Job sheet, POP)
- All invoices and PO numbers of the Lab invoices captured on Accpac must be entered on the Starlims system
- Print AR Invoices after posting and attach to invoice requisitions
- Issue credit applications forms to prospective clients on request
- Check debtors’ credit application forms and ensure all details are correct and company documents are attached
- Generate monthly statements and collect outstanding debts
- Print daily bank statements and identify all credits on bank statement
- Capture bank statements weekly on Cashbook correctly and on-time
- Process debtor account adjustments or unapplied invoices on Accpac
- Liaise with Nedbank and units to identify unallocated money on GL
- Identified unallocated money must be captured in cashbook monthly
- Compile Weekly Age Analysis Report on over 60 days accounts
- Send final demand letters to debtors over 60 days overdue
- Compile monthly reconciliation of Age Analysis and Trail balance
- Compile Debtors Age Analysis for bad debt identification
- Complete vendor applications with all documents attached as and when required
- Obtain all requisite authorization from relevant Managers, Executive Managers and the CEO office
- Accurate, relevant, reliable and timeous provision of financial information
- Compliance with CGS financial policies and procedures, PFMA, Treasury regulations, GAAP, IFRS
- Perform month-end and year-end debt accounts closure processes
- Ensure a filing system that is easily accessible and effective for ease of document tracking and retrieval
- Proper upkeep of debtor files (invoices, credit notes, unallocated batches etc.)
- Maintain debtor files (invoices, credit notes, unallocated batches etc.)
- Maintain debtors’ function preprinted stationery
- Maintain a filing system of all correspondences and documentation relating to Debtors Account
- Ensure that controls supporting Debtors’ Account are adhered to at all times
- Assist with the maintenance and update of Standard Operating Procedures as and when required
- Report on discrepancies between documents to be filed and transactions processed on the accounting system
- Maintain an audit trail tracking the Debtors Account processing progress
- Adherence to Good Accounting Practices within the area of responsibility
- Ensure that queries are resolved within finance unit and report to operations and other support functions
- Assist the internal and external Auditors with queries of the Creditors department
- Communicate with client creditors department to address inquiries and resolve any arising issues
- Compile and submit own Personal Development Plan
- Participates in relevant and application training courses, workshops etc. as needed/directed
- Contribute to the knowledge exchange or sharing activities
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Must be trustworthy, have integrity and honesty
- Must have aptitude for figures
- Must be accurate when dealing with information.
- Must be able to take the initiative
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have leadership or supervisory skills
- Must be assertive and self-motivated
- Team player, ability to work as part of a team
- Organized and deadline driven must have the ability to meet deadlines
- Customer-service orientated
- Professional/Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be friendly.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A National Diploma in Accounting/Finance
- Must have five (5) years or more debtors accounting experience in the service industry.
- Computer literate.
- Proficient with AccPac or equivalent financial system.
- Must have Excel at mastery level.
- Good knowledge of MS Word.
- Ensure Stake Holder Centred Performance.
- Ensure Execution and Achieve Results.
- Ensure Improvement.
- Good communication Skills.
- Sound financial administrative skills.
- Understanding of PFMA, Treasury regulations and CGS policies.
To apply for this job please visit www.geoscience.org.za.