General Assistant: Facilities Maintenance
Facilities, Gauteng Sunninghill
Market related –
The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) is a statutory body, established in 1998, in terms of the Housing Consumers Protection Measures Act, 1998 (Act No. 95 of 1998). It is mandated to protect the interests of housing consumers and to regulate the home building industry.
Assist with all maintenance related duties within the facilities management section.
- As directed, ensure the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems, such as; plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning, painting and electrical;
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surface, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximise office space using various hands, power and specialty tools;
- Assist with furniture removals as assigned;
- Assist in maintaining inventory of equipment, tools and supplies;
- Adheres to health and safety regulations;
- Performs weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment;
- Presenting an appearance appropriate to the image of NHBRC and the community;
- Promptly and attentively respond to customers’ request within established parameters and time frames;
- Perform work in the least disruptive manner possible to customers;
- Assess or check with customer to ensure solution meets request;
- Review customer requests and seek clarification as needed;
- Effectively communicate with staff and visitors;
- Assist in reduction of wasteful expenditure by if all minor work done by sub-contractors are executed;
- Grade 12 plus N4 in a technical vocational discipline;
- Five (5) years of experience using technical skills in a commercial or industrial environment;
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following skills: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, tilling and painting;
- Demonstrated knowledge of work and safety habits;
- Valid Drivers’ License;
- Skilled at operating basic tools and equipment of assigned trade(s).
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a permanent basis with a Total Cost To Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Tel: (011) 317 0000
CLOSING DATE: 22 March 2019
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “General Assistant: Facilities Maintenance” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.
NOTE: PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES.
To apply for this job please visit www.placementpartner.co.za.