VACANT POSITION: Senior Business Intelligence Developer
POSITION BASED IN: Rivonia – Johannesburg
REPORTING TO: Head Of Operations
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term Contract
DATE ADVERTISED: 13 June 2019
Design, develop, maintain and implement analytics and reporting solutions for the business. The individual will design and implement BI systems that provide timely, accurate and meaningful data to key users and decision makers so they can effectively analyze business patterns and trends to make informed decisions.
KEY PERFORMANE AREAS:
1. Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions;
2. Translate business needs to technical specification;
3. Maintain and support data analytics platforms;
4. Collaborate with teams to integrate systems;
5. Create tools to store data, develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis;
6. Create visualizations and reports for requested projects;
7. Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with users;
8. Develop strategies for data acquisition and integration into BI solutions;
9. Work with business to define user requirements for portals, dashboards and reports;
10. Review database architectures and designs to ensure compliance with corporate objectives;
11. Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative;
Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude;
Able to work independently;
able to demonstrate balanced good judgement and logical thought;
Very strong interpersonal skills including facilitation and coaching.
BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field;
Strong computer skills.
Experience and Skills
Min 3 years’ proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist;
Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining;
In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework;
Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Suitably qualified Candidates must forward their CVs, ID copy and copies of qualifications to the email address provided below (Click on “Apply for Job”). Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing date: 23/06/2018
To apply for this job email your details to Support@vhghrpayroll.co.za