VACANT POSITION: Solution Architect
POSITION BASED IN: Rivonia – Johannesburg
REPORTING TO: Head Of Operations
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term Contract
DATE ADVERTISED: 13 June 2019
Work with stakeholders to specify, design and select information systems that deliver great value to the Company.
KEY PERFORMANE AREAS:
1. Partner with stakeholders to understand organization and departmental strategy and agree information systems solutions to meet needs;
2. Maintain an awareness of business solutions particularly in the area of collaboration, document management and CRM that might support the mission;
3. Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance;
4. Develop and maintain a model of business’ current and future Application Architecture;
5. Lead the business in exploiting technology and use knowledge of IT solutions to drive organizational change and support business process design;
6. Understand and support software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions;
7. Estimate cost, and prepare business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support;
8. Work with the Project Managers and Business Analysts to develop high level project schedule resource plans for implementation projects;
9. Develop, enhance and maintain established service design procedure and process to assure apt and robust service design;
10. Plan, design and execute complex company level storage solution configuration;
11. Identify customer requirements, analyze alternatives and conduct product recommendations related to software, platform and network configurations.
Strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy;
Ability to assess broad range of information solutions and products particularly document management, collaboration and content management;
Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences;
Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment;
Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude;
Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team;
Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills.
BSc/BA in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field;
Formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture ideal.
Experience and Skills
Min 3 years’ proven work experience as a Solution Architect or in a Senior Technical role;
Experience of developing Services Orientated Architectures (SOA);
Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc.
Suitably qualified Candidates must forward their CVs, ID copy and copies of qualifications to the email address provided below (Click on “Apply for Job”). Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing date: 23/06/2018
To apply for this job email your details to Support@vhghrpayroll.co.za