Bus Driver Learnerships
We are currently seeking 20 recruits to join our clients team. You will be trained up as passenger bus drivers. Market related salary plus medical aid, provident fund, 13th cheque. Bus drivers transport people between various places—including work, school, and shopping malls—and across state or national borders. Some drive regular routes, and others transport passengers on chartered trips or sightseeing tours. Chances of getting a job as a bus driver are good due to increasing demand and relatively high worker turnover.
Bus Driver Learnerships Requirements :
Grade 10 or equivalent qualification,
Valid drivers licence (code 10 or 14) ) Valid Pr DP (Public Driver’s Permit),
Candidates must be prepared to stay overnight at a variety of locations, (the number of nights away will depend on the shift pattern allocated) and the shifts will include regular weekend and Holidays,
Candidates must also have high standards of personal appearance and customer service, and be able demonstrate flexibility and commitment,
Clear criminal record,
To Apply : If you possess these basic requirements then please submit copies of your CV and drivers license online or send to O862-448-621. Please quote REF TmPLDB-8609-JHB
More about being a bus driver :
What you will do
Bus drivers may do some or all of the following:
- visually inspect buses prior to taking them out and make sure they are clean, refueled and ready for use
- load and unload passengers’ luggage
- collect fares from passengers and give them tickets and change
- give passengers information on routes, fares and timetables
- drive buses
- deliver a commentary on the area they are traveling through, and answer passengers’ questions
- keep a logbook.
Skills and knowledge
Bus drivers need to have:
- excellent driving skills
- knowledge of the Road Code and transport regulations
- knowledge of the area they work in, the correct bus routes to take, and the correct fares for each journey
- the ability to operate Global Positioning Systems (GPS) technology, and multi-function ticketing systems
- understanding of basic bus maintenance
- knowledge of sites and attractions along their route, as well as knowledge of South Africa culture and history (Tour Operator).
- usually work shifts including nights and weekends. They may also work split shifts, usually during the busy morning and early evening periods, with time off in the middle
- spend most of their time in buses and at bus depots
- have to drive in stressful conditions, including all weather conditions and in busy traffic
- tour coach drivers travel between cities and towns, and have to spend up to 5 or 6 nights away from home.
* Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required documents are not attached to the application or CV. Candidates may be required to submit proof of identity for vetting purposes. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephonic applications will be considered. For all our vacancies visit https://freerecruit.co.za/job-vacancies/