Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Artisan with minimum N6/S4 Diploma or Red Seal
- Minimum 2 years’ Experience in energy or Power generation (CSP experience will be an advantage).
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office and SAP
- Strong knowledge and programming of PLC’s and DCS (Unity, Citect, Step7, PCS7, PES)
- Knowledge of Medium and Low Voltage Variable frequency drives and soft starters (Power Electronics, Danfoss)
- Knowledge of Electrical switchgear and how they relate to the entire generation plant
- Knowledge of Steam turbine operation and maintenance as well as and steam generation systems.
- Experience and knowledge of industrial networks (Profibus, Ethernet, RS232, fiber optic).
- Experience with, repair and maintenance of IP camera systems and networks.
- Experience and knowledge of gas burner systems repair and maintenance.
- Understanding of commissioning procedures and standards, ability to read Process, electrical and instrumentation diagrams.
- Install, Calibrate, repair and maintain pneumatic and electric actuated control and On-Off Valves (Fisher, Rotork, Auma, IMI CCI, Flowserve).
- Install Calibrate, repair and maintain Process and analytical instrumentation (Pressure, level, flow, temperature, PH, Conductivity, TDS, gas analysis).
- Maintain DCS systems and associated hardware.
- Maintain, service and repair of Meteorological stations.
- Knowledge of SAP maintenance procedures.
- Carry out preventative maintenance on all power block and Solar field instrumentation as scheduled.
- Carry out Corrective Maintenance on all Power block and Solar Field Instrumentation as scheduled.
- Complete and keep all relevant documentation (Maintenance records, calibration records).
- Evaluate and understand the process control philosophy in order to assist operations in problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Perform Standby duties, planned, unplanned overtime and night duty as and when required.
- Adherence to all legal and corporate Safety, health, environmental and Quality (SHEQ) procedures including Permit to work system, standards related to their obligations and responsibilities as well as other company policies and procedures.
- Supervise, manage and train Assistants working under their supervision.
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently, under pressure and also in a team setup.
- Analyze and advise on critical spares for all process and analytical instrumentation.
- Stay abreast of technological advancements in the field of instrumentation and provide advice and guidance on migration.
- Manage the staffing their section’s team.
- Evaluate and carry out Maintenance tasks.
- Perform a key role in the Emergency plan of the Facility and provide assistance to the emergencies controller. Work team.
- Guarantee the entry of feedback in SAP.
- Operate the permit to work – trained person system.
- Provide a good work environment of integration and involvement with a proper attitude
How to Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR THIS JOB
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.