Corporate – Events Manager – Vice President – Johannesburg
The events co-ordinator (VP) will work as a senior member of the Corporate Event Marketing and Management team which focuses on strategic direction and content delivery of franchise client events in EMEA and across the globe. The job requires building and maintaining relationships with a broad range of high-level business stakeholders, senior management and marketing partners. The marketer will be developing and implementing strategic event marketing plans and protocol, joining project work streams, and responsible for ad hoc reporting. The marketer will both manage his/her own events as well as support other team members on large events. The goals are to help the firm increase client business, deepen existing client relationships, create and drive efficiencies for all internal partners and maintain J.P. Morgan brand standard in all events. The role reports to an Executive Director.
Works with all Lines of Business
Works alongside other senior marketers in creating, developing and enforcing an event strategy that supports business goals
- Understands important business relationships within the Firm, ability to interface with various audiences like C-level clients or internal senior executives on events or hand them off to the proper individuals or departments
- Acts as a leader and an integral part of the team
- Manage the planning and executing of events, including but not limited to; communication with client or bankers/business point, data maintenance, internal or external announcements, invitation creation and sending, pre-event tasks like audio visual requirements, as well as on-site staffing and support
- Oversees the development of event agendas with bankers/business point and other senior marketers which includes interaction with internal and external speakers and panelists, entertainment and venue research, etc.
- Forms rapport with other J.P. Morgan lines of business in order to leverage and consolidate ideas, share resources and cross sell event opportunities
- Responsible for some administrative tasks like; taking RSVPs; and production tasks of event materials like; briefing memos and printing
- Collaborate with other senior marketers and marketing partners on event data and analysis and assist in the development and reconciliation of event budgets
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of seven to ten years’ experience in events and/or marketing preferably with a financial firm; experience working on large flagship events is a plus
- Experience dealing directly with members of senior management on regular basis
- Financial industry knowledge helpful
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and ability to learn internal systems
- Role requires working extended hours to fulfill events brief
- Regular international travel including but not limited to Middle East
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of detail orientation, proof reading skills and organization
- Strong project or people management skills with proven track record of exceptional results
- Proactive, self-sufficient and motivated
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Must be a strategic thinker; identifies issues and finds a reasonable solution
- Strong sense of time management, prioritization and ability to execute against deliverables
- Comfortable interacting with peers and partners, management, relationship managers and clients
- Must be able to roll-up sleeves, have a team player attitude and commitment to success
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jpmorganchase.com.