Customer Services Manager – Cape Town G4S Secure Solutions
Location: Cape Town | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 30 Jul 2020 | Closes: 30 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa – Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3620871/195318
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for Customer Services Manager, based in Johannesburg.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the CSM coordinates the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to customers within their area, in compliance with legislation, Company policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets.
The position requires experience within a security environment
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in delivering on expectations, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective management of the contract financial performance
Initiate cost saving model and controls
Gross Margin Management
- Direct Wage control / ER management
- Overheads control
Existing Revenue Growth
- Escalations are achieved
Manage the contracts cash flow.
- DSO management
Effective management staff within contract
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Effective labour management including rosters and shift patterns
- Management of overtime and annual leave
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Staff motivation levels
- Ensuring that performance assessments of all subordinate employees are conducted, and corrective action implemented where necessary.
- Ensuring that acceptable standards of behaviour at work are maintained by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensuring that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Effective management of operations
Client retention and customer service levels
- Ensuring that site meetings are held on an ongoing basis.
- Conducting regular site visits to assess effectiveness of site procedure implementation, identifying training needs and procedural improvements.
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minuted.
- Maintenance of client relationship and ensuring client retention
Ops Process management – adherence to quality standard
- Ensuring that absenteeism is maintained within established norms.
- Ensuring that manpower is maintained at optimum levels, to minimise unnecessary overtime.
- Ensuring that only appropriately trained and PSIRA registered security personnel are utilized at all times.
- Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized through regular customer risk assessments.
- Effective labour management and rostering
- Liaison with regards to invoicing, accuracy of such and securing payment
Shared Best Practice
- Specific examples of implementation of BP from other regions
Effective management of business development function
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers, driven by the promotion of integrated security solutions.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region.
Implementation and integration of the HSSEC strategy and culture on customer sites
- Embed health and safety awareness and responsible behavior with operational team, through consistent focus on health and safety compliance and discipline.
- Drive health and safety awareness down to guard force level through communication, enforcement of guidelines and principles, reporting and training
- Highlight heath and safety examples, both good and bad, to reinforce message and drive to achieve zero harm within our business.
- Monitor and reduce the number of health and safety incidents. Oversee investigations into incidents and related matters, both to address non-compliance and to reinforce awareness.
- Conduct health and safety awareness training and lessons learned with employees on site
Health and safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
About the Company:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Driver’s License
- PSIRA Grade B
- Registered Security Service Provider
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in security management
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Health and Safety legislation
- Managing Professionally
- Leading People
- Managing Conflict
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Basic financial skills
- Risk identification
- Driving change
- Attention to detail
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering strategy
- Customer Thinking
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.
To apply for this job please visit community.g4s.com.