PFG is the leading manufacturer of float glass in Southern Africa, as well as laminated glass, mirrors, and sealant products. The company produces 260 000 tons of float glass products per annum, supplying into both domestic and international building and automotive industries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for this position in Garage Maintenance Department. These positions are ideally suitable for a self-motivated person who can work independently without supervision and who finds short – term response time environment challenging.
- Grade 12 or minimum of N3.
- Relevant Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate.
- The successful incumbent should have at least ten years post apprenticeship experience gained in a manufacturing environment.
- In addition to the above, proven ability to perform optically under pressure and the ability to work well in a team is a requirement.
- Change or top-up engine oil, hydraulic oil, transmission oils, water cooling systems
- Grease all points on vehicles
- Change the following filters: engine oil, air, hydraulics and transmission.
- Fix punctures, change wheels, change tyres on rims
- Change and charge batteries, assist with starting of stranded vehicles with flat batteries.
- Remove and replace the following: starters, alternators, water pumps, belt tensioners, radiators, hydraulic cylinders.
- Change forks, strip carriages.
- Change, clean and burn-out DPM (diesel particulate) exhaust filters.
- Assist the mechanics with stripping and repairing of engines, gearboxes, clutches, brake systems, drive shafts, differentials etc.
- Assist during servicing of trailers.
PG Group, and its subsidiaries, are committed to the principles of employment equity and as such are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants who apply for any vacancies will be considered with due consideration based on of fairness and equity. Factors such as race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability are not consider exclusively and are not determinative of any appointments made by PG Group or its subsidiaries.
Requisition ID: 603
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pggroup.co.za.