Applications are invited to apply for the above mentioned position to be based at Paarl Cluster (Nederburg) within the Warehouse department. The successful applicant will report to the PPL Manager.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure timeous supply of quality dry goods to production within agreed service levels through competent and empowered personnel.
- Apply and execute effective stock management principles
- Ensure control of and report on all stock variances
- Effective management of dry goods and raw material
- Ensure that quality & risk management standards, policies and procedures are adhered to within the department.
- Ensure efficient truck and forklift utilisation.
- Achieve efficient truck turnaround times.
- Managing write offs and losses within the Dry goods environment.
- Effective management and coaching of subordinates.
- Attainment of subordinates’ training and development plans to meet business objectives.
- Applying leadership skills to ensure competent and motivated staff.
- Facilitate Empowering Excellence meetings and ensure compliance to Mini business operating standards within team.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Minimum of a senior certificate (Grade 12).
- A tertiary qualification within the Logistics/Warehousing study fields will be advantageous.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in a leadership role within a Dry goods and Raw materials environment
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office, especially Excel on an intermediate level of competency is essential.
- Experience on the SAP administration system will be advantageous.
- The ability to develop a clear vision for subordinates and involving team members in creating a shared vision.
- The ability to utilise the appropriate leadership style and develop individual capabilities.
- The ability to develop new ideas and to create new concepts and solutions to problems.
- The ability to organise and utilise resources and effectively delegate tasks to subordinates.
- The ability to implement prescribed productivity and work flow methods and to ensure smooth execution of stock control within the Warehouse.
- Knowledge of all packaging and warehouse management principles.
- The ability to manage a warehouse through space utilisation, effective delivery and human resources utilisation.
- Knowledge of all stock control management principles.
- The ability to manage the stock control process through procedure and process adherence.
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.