Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, ZA
Requisition ID: 23669
Job Category: Engineering Reporting & Systems Internship
Location: Johannesburg, Greenstone Hill
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The successful incumbent will undergo training to acquire specific skills and knowledge related to two distinct areas.
- Engineering Progress: this includes elements of successful project setup in all phases of design, engineering progress measurement, successful project maintenance, understanding of reporting and data analysis as well as developed very important verbal communication and interaction skills.
- Systems training to upskill in various project controls tools and the data they provide, the links between these tools, the ability to create and publish relevant content and best practices for knowledge management of such content.
Training period is envisaged for approximately twelve months.
The successful person will be assigned to various areas in Project Controls within the Greenstone, Johannesburg office.
The training will cover the practical aspects and towards the latter end of the training, where appropriate, the person is likely to be assigned to a project for some portion of their time to support the project team with various tools.
At the end of the training, the successful incumbent will be required to demonstrate understanding of the below Engineering Progress elements:
- Be familiar with the duties and responsibilities of Engineering Progress Management and how this function aligns to the other attributes within project management.
- Position projects for success through intelligent data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable tools as well as the underlying project management principles.
- Conformance to the Project Lifecycle Process, Global and Regional Project Control Guidelines.
- Detailed knowledge of earned value measurement and related tools within the Hatch setting.
- Working knowledge of best practice for setting up different phases of projects which incorporate development of project budgets at proposal and award Stages using estimate sheets, as well as extracting sheets for relevant tool loads.
- Working knowledge of the current document management system, organization management system, times and financials, schedule and how all contribute to reporting.
- Working knowledge of deliverable requirements i.e. coding, associations in the document management systems which contribute to the earned reporting system.
- Analysis, compilation and clarification of project budgets, estimates, progress and forecasts and communicate any relevant issues to project team timeously and as required.
- Working knowledge of engineering planning for setup, maintenance and reporting.
At the end of the training, the successful incumbent will be required to demonstrate understanding of the below Systems elements:
- Understand and diagram data flow between relevant project controls tools and other systems.
- Understand and preempt user requirements for applicable tools.
- Working knowledge of relevant tools and their business value.
- Ability to create content that is relevant for an audience of business users or support users.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint administration.
- Working knowledge of information architecture and ability to apply this knowledge with the Hatch context.
Post Intern Key Performance Areas and Duties
Intern will be expected to elect their chosen field based on their learning experience. Future Key Performance Areas will be determined based on that decision.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- You must have 0-2 years’ work experience
- You Must be a South African citizen
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of project management
- You must have passed your qualification with distinction
- Strong sense of logic
- Good understanding of mathematics principles
- PC literate, proficient in standard business office software
- If not already skilled in Excel, a good proficiency to learn
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written, and the confidence to express themselves as relevant to their work
- National Diploma or BTech in Engineering, Informatics or related fields
- Minimum – Matric with university exemption and some working experience with standard software such as Excel.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hatch.com.