The Equipment Checker is responsible for the checking and inspecting of equipment for all trucks and trailers, to ensure that minimum standards are upheld and to report any damage to trucks and/or trailers.
• Experience in the transport industry would be advantageous.
• Computer literate – specifically experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• Administrative experience.
• Able to work in adverse weather conditions
• High level of attention to detail
• Able to operate independently.
• Have a hands-on approach.
• Work in a safe manner i.e. Ensure all safety requirements are adhered too
• Prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
• Clean criminal record
• Must have own reliable transport to and from work
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that all vehicles are checked before leaving the depot
• Check that all equipment is correctly fitted
• Checking of all equipment on the trucks and the trailers
• Take photographs of any damages to trucks and/or trailers
• Document any damages to trucks and/or trailers
• Report any damages to trucks and/or trailers
• Checking for any damage to trucks or trailers
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.
To apply for this job please visit unitrans.erecruit.co.