EXCAVATOR OPERATOR (WITH GRAB ATTACHMENT)
The Excavator Grab Operator’s primary purpose is to provide support within the production division as dictated by operational requirements in the form of moving different scrap commodities around using the Excavator Grab machine.
The following tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out daily inspections of the scrap handler and report any faults.
- Do general maintenance and cleaning of the grab.
- Move scrap steel where instructed with the Grab machine.
- Maintain safe working procedures at all times.
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Valid Excavator license and/or certificate.
- 2 – 5 years relevant operating experience.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Previous experience in a physically demanding working environment would be advantageous.
- Abide by the regulations as set out in Occupational Health and Safety Act and Company Policies
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to assist in other divisions/departments as required by operational requirements.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hardworking and ability to take initiative.
- Problem solving skills.
We offer a highly competitive package depending on qualifications and experience.
We regret that it is not possible to contact all unsuccessful applicants. Applicants who have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days from the date of their submission should consider their application unsuccessful.
How to Apply
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.