When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
FACEBOSS, C UPPER: SERITI COAL, KRIEL COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role is responsible to ensure the health and safety of the crew, ensure adherence to all policies and procedures while safely extracting coal to meet production targets.
- Ensure that Codes of Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Legal Requirements are communicated and adhered to in area of responsibility.
- Execute and achieve agreed operational planning and production targets for area of responsibility.
- Plan, lead, organise and control section of responsibility.
- Supervise, coordinate and motivate the mining team in the area of responsibility.
- The role is Mine Health and Safety Act. appointed in terms of: Section 7 (4) of the MH&SA you are appointed to carry out certain functions of the manager and Minerals Act Regulation 2.9. 2 in force in terms of Schedule 4.4 of the Mine Health and Safety Act 1996 (Act No. 26 of 1996) (“MH&SA”), you are appointed, as a Face Boss, to assist the Manger in enforcing observation of regulations
You will need:
- Matric (NQF Level 4)
- Blasting Certificate (including Gas Testing, Strata Control and Ventilation)
- Safety Course (advantageous)
- Basic experience on an underground coal operation
- Solid knowledge of Mine Health and Safety Act, including keeping up to date with any changes to the Act
- Knowledge of safety, health and environmental within the coal mining industry
- Sound knowledge of core value chain and operational codes of practices and procedures
- In-depth knowledge relating to underground mining operations as described in the operations manual for continuous miner operations
- Knowledge of mine planning principles and processes
- Good knowledge of equipment capabilities and operating principles. (Basic operating skills)
- Basic understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Valid Drivers Licence – Code 10 (for personnel transporters) (Buses)
- In possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness
Ref No: KRL062/20GS
Closing date: 14 July 2020
- A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
- Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
- All applicants are thanked for their interest.
- Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
- Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.
To apply for this job please visit seritiza.simplify.hr.