Job Title Fleet Controller
Business Unit / Division General Freight
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location – Town / City Cape Town
Location – Province Western Cape
Location – Country South Africa
Job Advert Summary
Crystal Cool Logistix is a well-established company in the transport sector. We are part of Unitrans, a diversified supply chain solution organisation serving the South African market.
An opportunity has become available for a Fleet Controller at our Brackenfell depot. The role of the Fleet Controller is to plan, direct, coordinate the transportation operations within Crystal Cool Logistix and to meet operational requirements of the business and clientele.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with a passion for a fast-paced, agile environment.
• Grade 12 (essential)
• Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
• Proven experience in refrigerated transport environment
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in logistics/transport environment
• Thorough understanding of long distance transport and driver management
• Computer literate (MS Office and Outlook) Essential
• Fully Bilingual (English and Afrikaans) Essential
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written in both English and Afrikaans
• Ability to handle high volumes of incoming and outgoing email/calls
• Excellent time management
• Willing to work extended hours, including weekends and public holidays
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail
• Strong administration skills
• Ability to deal with high levels of pressure and operate with deadlines
• Analytical, pro-active, organised, innovative
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Operations and Scheduling
• Plan the daily, weekly and monthly operations activities and schedule trucks and trailers to be available according to the operational
requirements of the client.
• Manage the operational activities at the Depot to ensure the optimal use of the assets in achieving company goals.
• Consistently follow up on project progress as well as vehicle status and tracking to ensure adherence to commitments for “ETA” for loading
• Serve as the key communication channel for all the operational activities and ensure that all relevant departments are updated with regards
to important operational data.
• Provide regular reports to senior management and adhere to the daily reporting schedule regarding the latest performance figures, on-going
projects and other critical ops information, as well as cash up.
• In case of breakdowns, overloads or any other disruptions to the committed delivery time see that relevant departments and clients are
• Monitor the temperatures of cooling units as is required by clients and complete temperature reports for each load.
• Monitor the procedures and quality of services of subcontractors as delivered to clients.
• Phone clients in advance to secure loads for turnover target and clients requirements.
2. Client Relations
• Liase with clients in order to ensure accurate and complete understanding of customer requirements.
• Nurture and develop a continued professional relationship with clients.
• Ensure that clients are informed of any changes, delays and other important information with regards to their order/delivery status.
• Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints.
3. Staff Management
• Oversee the preparation and enforcement of accurate shift rosters for employees to adhere to operational requirements.
• Plan, organise and manage the work of subordinates to ensure that work is accomplished in a manner consistent with client requirements.
• Formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives for subordinates to reach company targets at all level.
• Ensure driver achieve company KPI’s.
• Promote motivation among staff to improve and strive for more effective and efficient service delivery.
• Ensure that accurate driver reports are collected.
4. Administration and Control
• Ensure client order numbers and load confirmations are captured and relayed to drivers before order is picked up.
• Oversee that each load and kilometres travelled is accurately captured on Datatim system (live at all times).
• Collect and capture all proof of delivery notes for billing. POD report.
• After completing a shift, ensure that all encompassing handover and debriefing is given to the next shift/debriefers.
• Monitor that equipment and vehicle contracts with suppliers are fulfilled (Load bars, clam lock and equipment).
Closing date: 2019/10/30
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit unitrans.erecruit.co.