Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Requisition ID: 23693
Job Category: Engineering; Infrastructure; New Graduate
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Graduate Engineer – Ports & Terminals Practice (AEM)
Scope of Position
Thinking about your career? So are we – Hatch 2020 Graduate Programme
Our organisation is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace our clients’ visions as our own and partner with them to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative.
Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are actively recruiting Graduates to join our Graduate Programme in 2020 and work within our Ports and Terminals Practice at our Cape Town office.
We constantly think of new ways to get things done across all our sectors, because shifting the status quo creates positive change for not just our family of employees but also for the communities and clients we serve. We’re inclusive and collaborative no matter where in the world we are. You are part of a community at Hatch, one that fosters career growth and education, and where entrepreneurship is key to success.
Now you’re asking yourself, what would a career at Hatch offer me? Here are some of the things we offer:
- You will be encouraged to be the best version of yourself with many opportunities to engage in work in Mining & Metals, Energy, Digital, or Infrastructure sectors
- Have the benefit of formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Have the opportunity to gain project experience in South Africa and around the world
- Collaborate with different cultures around our global organisation
- Work in an exciting work environment where you will be challenged and mentored to unlock your potential
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs
Minimum requirements to apply:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a final year student studying towards a BSc or BEng in Civil Engineering or Post Graduate Degree at a recognised tertiary institution
- Or you must have completed your BSc or BEng in Civil Engineering or Post Graduate Degree at a recognised tertiary institution and have less than 24 months of work experience
- You must have maintained an average undergraduate academic achievement of 65% or above
- Be flexible to work in any province within South Africa
You must be in possession of and attach copies via this application form of the following:
- South African Identity Document
- Complete transcript of tertiary academic record
- Comprehensive CV
- A motivation letter as to why you should be considered
Ready to join us? You will have the following traits:
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious and innovative
- Comfortable initiating new ways of getting things done
- Love to learn and willing to explore new ventures
- Persistent and resilient
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Critical and creative thinker and problem solver, who brings forward solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges
- Strong sense of community and is aware of one’s impact on colleagues and the larger team
- Adaptable and embraces change
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities at university or in the community
Please ensure that all required documentation is submitted to avoid your application be disqualified
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hatch.com.