Location: Tygervalley, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who we are?
Sanlam Investments Group is one of South Africa’s largest investment management companies. We have a performance history spanning over 100 years, and offer a range of investment and financial planning solutions to protect and grow the long-term wealth of our clients.
We take particular pride in:
• Sanlam’s longevity and innovation
• People, teamwork and values
• A culture of diversity and commitment to growing our own timber
• Our robust, tested and proven pragmatic investment process and philosophy
Our local and offshore investment products cover the full investment spectrum: active and passive; single and multi-manager – both locally and internationally. Our active funds range are managed according to our pragmatic value investing style.
Recruitment and Onboarding
• Managing projects to proactively build our candidate database, especially for strategically critical roles
• Proof reading and completing job requisitions on myWorkSpace, including pre-screening questions
• Conducting candidate searches (via LinkedIn or any other source)
• Schedule and conduct interviews with short-listed candidates
• Conduct pre-employment checks
• Arrange psychometric assessments
• Obtain approval for special contractual arrangements
• Compile motivations for special contractual arrangements
• Complete and issue manual dummy payslip and letter of appointment
• Regret unsuccessful candidates on myWorkSpace
• Complete on-boarding on myWorkSpace, including employee personal detail review and uploading of documents
• Facilitate on-boarding plan with line manager within the SIG employee experience framework
• Compile and discuss HR welcome packs with new employees
• Compile monthly recruitment cost statistics
• Follow up on queries with payroll relating to new staff
• Ensure that all new employees’ outstanding documents are submitted to payroll within one month post the start date
• Manage end to end process of internal staff transfers and secondments
• Conduct exit interviews
• Ensure alignment with talent framework, policies and processes
• Assist line managers with poor performance management
• Assist line managers with internal talent pool development processes
• Ensure that each employee has a completed Performance Development review
Learning and Development
• Query handling from line managers and employees and liaising with the Learning and Development team, as required
• Active involvement in facilitating placement of learners and job-shadow opportunities
• Request and provide remuneration benchmarking information, when required
• Understand and apply the relevant legislation, policies and procedures (e.g. SIG ER Policy, BCEA, LRA)
• Assist line managers and employees with the interpretation and the administration of any IR/ER issues, e.g. disciplinary and grievance procedures.
General HR Admin
• Administrative support to the Chief HR Officer
• Query handling from line managers and employees
• Drive adoption of HR technology towards self-service for line managers and employees
• Administration and facilitation of changes to employment contracts
• Coordinate diary management, travel arrangements and all other team administration when required
2 – 3 years experience in a similar position
Honours degree in Human Resources
Working knowledge of Success Factors will be advantageous
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensure a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
To apply for this job please visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za.