This is a newly created Human Resources role within Enaex Africa (Pty) Ltd, a JV between Enaex and Sasol South Africa Limited. The role will be based in Secunda and will provide support to Enaex employees that are based at the Secunda plant as well as in nearby areas.
Employees at the Secunda plant work shifts and it is a requirement that this role will ensure that all employees receive HR support.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for ensuring that human resource management policies, practices and systems are implemented and continuously improved and that Line Management and employees understand the policies, practices and systems.
1. HR Analytics
- Uses HR technology and systems to analyze and interpret relevant HR data.
- Compiles and presents HR reports that add value to the business
- Ensure integrity of HR data
2. Recruitment and on-boarding of employees
- Engages with line management on filling of vacant positions and takes a leading role in the preparation of costs associated with filling of vacancies.
- Advertises vacant positions, receives applications and shortlists candidates for interviews.
- Arranges interviews and ensures adherence to policies.
- Ensures that all legal checks and verification of qualifications and other submitted documents takes place.
- Prepares all the documentation related to employment contracting, enrolment and on-boarding process.
- Continuously improve the recruitment in order to ensure its effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Talent Management
- Educates Line Management and employees of the talent management policies and processes.
- Manages the talent management processes and ensure adherence to company policies.
- Support Line Management in implementing talent management actions.
- Compile Talent Review information and capture changes during Talent Review sessions
- Continuously improve the talent management process in order to ensure its effectiveness and efficiency.
4. Employee Relations
- Provides a first line labour relations consulting service to Line Management and employees.
- Promotes dispute prevention.
- Evaluates merits of the case and advises on process and preparation required.
- Arranges hearings, grievances and other employee relations meetings as advisor and to ensures that recordings are taken and uploaded into company approved systems.
- Facilitates timeous resolution of grievances.
- Understands labour legislation, policies and processes and communicates applicability to line management and employees.
- Understands and communicates the impact of decisions and actions on wider employee relations, precedent setting, morale and reputational risk.
- Organises and ensures that recordings of workplace forums are taken and saved in company approved systems.
- Attends CCMA and NBC cases and assist with preparation of documentation
5. Remuneration and Employee Benefits
- Educates Line Management and employees on remuneration and benefits principles, policies and processes.
- Computes calculations and formulae related to remuneration and benefits
- Conducts monthly audits to ensure SAP data is correct
6. Staff movement and separation of employees
- Compiles the preparation for the employee movement documentation (comply to process and procedures (e.g. employee transfers, promotions, redeployment and rotation) and verify that this was correctly captured
- Facilitates the employee separation process and procedures (e.g. resignation, retirement, retrenchment, dismissal, ill health, death and incapacity)
- Conducts exit interviews and give feedback to HR leadership and line managers.
8. Change Agent
- Implements clearly defined change management processes and facilitates the successful implementation of change projects.
- Utilises necessary material to support line management and employees in adhering to change expectations.
- Coaches and educates line management and employees in respect of the practical application of the change processes.
9. Leadership and Growth Results
- Supports and articulates vision and values and goals aligned to business direction.
- Continuously seeks to improve personal mastery, professional and business growth (ensuring
technical / professional development in specialist area).
10. Customer and Relationship Results – HR marketing and communication
- Understands the people needs of the Business and is able to communicate and market the relevant HR service offerings.
- Knows service offerings of internal and external service providers and is able to effectively utilize such offerings to satisfy people related needs of the business.
- Investigates and recommends alternative or new service providers.
11. Customer relations
- Correctly identifies customer needs and challenges.
- Proactively educates customers of changes to HR policies, processes, systems and product offerings.
- Pro-actively engages with customers through participation at workplace forums, management meetings and one-on-one interactions.
- Builds effective relationships with own team and networks.
- Educates, coaches and supports line management on developing values based partnerships within the business.
12. Employee engagement
- Pro-actively engages with employees through informal and formal interaction, information sharing and providing general advice.
- Translates employee issues into potential business risks and advises relevant stakeholders accordingly.
- Takes the necessary action where risks are identified.
- Challenges and reframes employee thinking in a positive framework.
- Positively advocates engagement.
- Explains rationale of and provides perspective on company projects, procedures and policies.
- Implements initiatives to enhance employee motivation, engagement and empowerment.
B-degree in HR or Behavioural Sciences
Required entry years of relevant experience:
- 4 years Generalist HR experience, in all value chains
- Driver’s License with own transport and willingness to travel between different sites
Willingness to work long hours during in order to meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of Organisational design.
- Proficient level of Recruitment, ER, Remuneration, HR Administration, Talent Management, change management.
- Proficient level Microsoft office suite packages (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Proficient level of business understanding and skills
- Advanced understanding of HR Information Management
- Advanced understanding of HR legislation and company policy
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.