The candidate is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities. The candidate will also administer claims, refunds, adjustments, and any other accounting transactions related to debtor’s management. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
- Prepares and mails client billing statements and invoices.
- Ensure bills and invoices are paid on time and checks are captured.
- Follow the customer specific process for submission as requested by customer.
- Telephonic calls to clients on payments due
- Ensure that account and contact details are correct.
- Phone account related key contact individuals to facilitate payment.
- Follow up to ensure payment arrangements are honoured.
- Investigates delinquent accounts and contacts customers to collect payment as soon as possible.
- Follow‐up consistently to monitor the expected customer payment dates and make allowances with management approval and examination of customer payment plans, payment history, credit line.
- Respond to all emailed and telephonic queries in a timeously, seeing matters through to completion.
- Use past correspondence to track the history of a query to establish the correct person/s to speak to and to establish past actions taken so as not to frustrate clients.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with results.
- Schedule monthly payments on payment portals
- Ensure monthly schedules, analysis and debtors’ folders are updated before month pack
- Update management on the standing of outstanding monies, including feedback on collections.
- Reconcile age analysis on a weekly basis before debtors meeting with US team
- Process invoice cancellations for clients who have given one months’ notice for cancellation.
- Check payment terms/clauses before suspension and acquire the necessary approval from Account Executives.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management
- Support Management by distributing timely and accurate Accounts Receivable information
- Support Accounts Payable activities, perform other accounting tasks, and participate in accounting projects on an as required basis
- Matric/Grade 12 essential
- Higher certificate/Diploma in Bookkeeping
- At least 3 years bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- QuickBooks skills would be advantageous
- High attention to detail
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Communication and relationship building skills
- Reconciliation skills
- Professionalism and organization skills
How to Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR THIS JOB
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.