Requisition ID: 23684
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Specialized Engineering Analysis & Design Engineer (ThermoFluids)
Daily tasks would vary based on the current project, but responsibilities would typically include:
- Advanced engineering analysis, including modelling using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD);
- Project planning and management to meet budget, schedule, and quality requirements;
- Design optimization and solution development for challenging problems;
- Interfacing with clients and vendors;
- Site visits for project work and result presentation;
- Project opportunities across all Hatch sectors
We are looking to hire a recent mechanical or chemical engineering graduate into the Specialized Engineering Analysis & Design (SEAD) group. The focus of SEAD is to provide specialized engineering expertise and services. These would include, but are not limited to, advanced numerical analysis (for example, CFD), field measurements and inspections and technology development. Our work is highly diverse, including opportunities to work on unique and challenging projects across all the industries that Hatch serves. This job requires close interaction with engineers within the SEAD group and from other disciplines, in a team environment to perform detailed engineering analysis.
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- Excellent academic performance and a demonstrated interest in structural and/or thermomechanical engineering of industrial equipment;
- Strong fundamentals in theory and application of fluid mechanics and heat transfer / CFD;
- Has taken courses and / or done numerical simulations at a post -graduate level, or in another role, and demonstrates a passion and aptitude for numerical analysis;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team on challenging projects;
- Organizational ability to manage multiple projects / priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Fast learner with an eagerness to develop engineering fundamentals and apply them to solving challenging real-world problems and projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Strong safety and quality focus
All applicants must submit a copy of their graduate, and if applicable, post-graduate results (transcript) in order to be considered for this role.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hatch.com.