THE JOB AT A GLANCE
To support group logistics efficiency improvement programs and implementation of best practice.
To support the Group Logistics Executive in identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities that increase company’s profit (e.g. reducing costs through synergies and improving customer service)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Logistics solutions evaluated and possible synergies identified within the Group (e.g. distribution solutions, network design, capacity requirements)
- Assistance provided into the development of logistics strategy
- Systems and processes evaluated and assessed in order to identify and act on opportunities
- Logistics conduits researched and analysed to determine best product match
- Assistance provided into the development of logistics policy, procedure and process standardisation across business where appropriate
- Internal processes benchmarked against industry best practices
- Assistance provided with the development of customer segmentation projects, customer needs and performance measures
- Sound customer relationships developed and established
- Assistance provided into the development and implementation of internal performance measures to measure customer service
- Assistance and input provided to Categories in terms of special projects
- Assistance provided into the development and implementation of appropriate logistics performance measures, scorecards and control measurement processes
- Scorecard prepared and tracked on a monthly basis
- Performance analysis and review completed
- Logistics systems developed and implemented
INDUSTRY CONTACT / KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT:
- Tiger Brands representation maintained within industry on ECR projects, SAPICS etc.
- Upcoming conferences identified and motivated
- Continuous communication of learnings / exposure from conferences / trade shows etc.
- Specialist information provided to businesses regarding recent industry developments and trends in both local and global supply chain areas of the FMCG Industry
- Tertiary qualification (3 year)
- Logistics qualification ideal
- Strong computer skills
- 3-5 years in an FMCG environment
- Logistics exposure (inbound and outbound)
Closing Date: Not Specified
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.
To apply for this job please visit tigerbrands.referrals.selectminds.com.