Are you driven, have high energy levels and extremely passionate about the latest fashion apparel?
mrp is the largest trading division of the Mr Price Group. We are on the hunt for an experienced Fashion Apparel Buyer.
Your key objectives as the Buyer would be to build a balanced assortment of merchandise which appeals to our customer and ensures maximum profit for your dept. is achieved.
- Current Trade:
- Drive current trade through reaction and agility to ensure that planned sales are met or exceeded.
- Develop proactive action plans that address product performance issues and action accordingly in collaboration with planner and feedback to management.
- Communicate any changes from current trade that impact other departments such as resource, marketing and visual merchandising.
- Monitor and manage sales by style, pre-production timelines orders and performance milestones to ensure delivery performance through reaction to current trade.
- Manage Supplier relationships and resolve delivery issues with suppliers.
- Conduct relevant competitor analysis and store visits and relay findings to the Buying Brand Merchant and team.
- Post Mortem & Seasonal Strategy:
- Compile and present to senior business leaders a post mortem on trade reports, including good, bad and ugly based, competitor analysis, supplier performance, actual product execution as well as marketing and trend feedback.
- Formulate a sub category strategy that forms the basic of the seasonal assortment framework, ensuring item dominance and clarity of offer for our customer, incorporating trend and post mortem learns for the foundation of this strategy.
- Formulate a seasonal Supplier strategy with your team, inclusive of the resource department that is well considered, risk balanced, allowing for an agile, highly reactive strategy whereby the golden rule forms the basic of the supplier partnership.
- Compile and present to senior business leaders a seasonal strategy including sub cats against the determined.
- Assortment, Booking & Production:
- Based on strategy calls, confirm trends, source samples and present range.
- Confirm supplier roll up with the resource department.
- Work with designers to ensure that graphics, artwork and CAD building are proactively briefed and produced timeously for review.
- Responsible for assortment building in collaboration with planner, present back to Brand Merchants if applicable.
- In collaboration with the greater team in preparing for review ensuring that the range is aligned with seasonal strategic objectives.
- Prepare range and verify that all KPI’s, width & depth, PMO & sales targets are aligned.
- Align the booking process with production timelines and in-store deliveries in collaboration with planner and resource.
- Ensure the fit and pre-production sample process delivers the right quality for the right price, and is aligned with the production process and timelines.
- Confirm and raise purchase orders and any amendments in full detail.
- Travel locally and abroad to assess current market trends and provide detailed feedback accordingly.
- Team Commitment:
- Contribute proactively in all team meetings and working sessions.
- Provide direction and coaching to the Trainee Buyer and/or Junior Buyer.
- Relevant Qualification – Diploma/Degree
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant buying experience in kidswear
- Experience within a retail environment
- Knowledge/ Skills:
- Good organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative Skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multitask
- Be able to work unsupervised and meet set deadlines
- Good negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and ambitious
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; sheetstreet and mrpmoney.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
To apply for this job please visit yourjourney.csod.com.