PFG is the leading manufacturer of float glass in Southern Africa, as well as laminated glass, mirrors, and sealant products. The company produces 260 000 tons of float glass products per annum, supplying into both domestic and international building and automotive industries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for this position the Maintenance Department. These positions are ideally suitable for a self-motivated person who can work independently without supervision and who finds short – term response time environment challenging.
- Grade 12
- Minimum N3
- N6 will be advantageous
- Relevant Millwright Trade Test
- The successful incumbent should have at least three to five years post apprenticeship experience gained in a manufacturing environment.
- In addition to the above, proven ability to perform optically under pressure and the ability to work well in a team is a requirement.
- Assist production in all aspects to maintain plant availability and achieve production yields.
- Assess breakdowns, repair and/or call relevant personnel.
- Perform maintenance activities and plant inspections as well as standby duties.
- Ensuring minimum downtime in the event of machine breakdowns.
- Alterations, modifications and installation of equipment.
- Knowledge of PLC, variable speed drives, AC & DC motors and HT & LT transformers would be advantageous.
- Usage of mechanical measuring equipment and electrical test equipment.
- Perform emergency procedures like switching of standby alternators and restoring of power.
- Maintenance on off take devices.
- Maintain housekeeping and safety standards.
PG Group, and its subsidiaries, are committed to the principles of employment equity and as such are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants who apply for any vacancies will be considered with due consideration based on of fairness and equity. Factors such as race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability are not consider exclusively and are not determinative of any appointments made by PG Group or its subsidiaries.
Requisition ID: 602
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pggroup.co.za.