Welcome to the Toys R Us world of awwwesome, where we want your little ones imaginations to run free! Toys R Us and Babies R Us are well established international brands.
Commonly referred to as the “World’s Greatest Toy Stores”, Toys R Us SA currently boasts 50+ physical stores, two of which are located in Namibia, botswana and Zambia, as well as an ALL NEW AWWWESOME online store.
The key focus of the group is to ensure that customers, young and old, from children to grandparents, are offered an amazing range and experience, complimented by great value! Are you a dynamic and passionate individual who will ensure exceptional customer satisfaction and excellent store performance?
Then we are looking for Assistant Store Manager who would like you to join our team!!
Duties & Responsibilities
To meet store sales targets and deliver fantastic customer service whilst effectively planning, organizing and controlling all operations of a retail store in accordance with the Company’s standards and procedures. This document must be read in conjunction with the performance appraisal document and forms part of the employee’s terms and conditions of employment.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing, mentoring, and leading staff.
- Interact with sales merchandisers, representatives and regional managers to evaluate sales strategy and results.
- Enforcing and implementing AWESOME customer service to give customer a WOW experience.
- Attend to unique and individual shopping needs of each customer and always put the Customer first.
- Develop, motivate and inspire respective teams in an ENTHUSIASTIC manner.
- Maintains store staff job results by recruiting, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Authorise all work schedules (including but not limited to work, break and leave).
- Ensure continuous training and development of all staff, and consistently carrying out training.
- Scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results
- Handle customer complaints in a calm and professional manner
- Managing and controlling all daily store operations to maximize sales turnover whilst keeping stores expenses within allocated budgets and stock management.
- Managing and controlling all daily store operations including stores expenses within allocated budgets and stock management to maximise sales turnover.
- Minimise all controllable expenses and costs.
- Protect company assets and minimise all shrinkage, damages and theft.
- Executing of physical plans/ actions to achieve desired sales results and sales turnover, including motivating staff to do so.
- Retain records of all stock and financial transactions.
- Conduct floor walks daily and initiate warehouse and/or overstock replenishments and face-ups.
- Implement, monitor and enforce all SOP’s.
- Maintaining company merchandise and housekeeping standards.
- Coordinate and manage all key service providers in line with company expectations (including but not limited to guarding, security, cleaning and logistics)
- Enforce effective and efficient implementation of all sales promotions (Including but not limited to road shows, centre management liaising etc ).
- Identify marketing opportunities and communicate to all relevant parties
- Ensure promotions are executed timeously and execution is planned in advance.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric Certificate;
- Must have own or reliable transport to be able to work shifts;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Retail Environment, including 2 years’ of Management experience.
Package & Remuneration
- Provident Fund
- Discretionary Bonus
- Incentive Bonus
- Shrinkage Bonus
- Sales Bonus
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit toysruscareers.simplify.hr.