Kruger National Park
A vacancy exists for a Security Supervisor at Skukuza Safari Lodge.
Paterson Grading: B4
The Salary excludes a housing allowance since you will be allocated official accommodation in the Park.
Candidates who meet the above requirements must forward their applications with the following documents:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of your Qualifications
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 plus college diploma or degree (BA/BS) or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of management experience, five of which were in a security-related field.
- Work effectively under highly stressful conditions.
- The incumbent may be required to work irregular hours, holidays, weekends and call-outs.
- May be required to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- PSIRA Registration
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Time management skills.
- Patrols buildings and grounds; responds to and reports unusual incidents or occurrences in order to minimize or deter the development of hazardous or dangerous situations.
- Assesses security needs and controls employee and visitor access to park and ensure that only authorized people enter the park.
- Monitors and operates multiple CCTV monitors and cameras in order to conduct video surveillance and record activities at various locations from a central station
- Assigns tasks and supervises the work activities of subordinates
- Monitor and controls all alarm systems statewide.
- Document information on unusual incidents; establishes, creates, updates and maintains manual filing system and controls access to confidential information
- Operates and maintains a two-way communications system in order to remain in constant radio contact with other security personnel
- Evaluates special security requirements of high risk areas and Patrols buildings and grounds; responds to and reports unusual incidents or occurrences in order to minimize or deter the development of hazardous or dangerous situations.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of assigned weapons and equipment.
- Prepares shift schedules and approves leave and overtime use, in order to ensure continuous coverage.
R 111 007
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.sanparks.org.