Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based at Supply Chain, Paarl Cluster
The successful applicant will report to the PPL Manager
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure purchasing function is cost effective and achieves purchasing objectives within the divisional targets:
- Actively manage and improve on dry goods stock holding working capital while still delivering a high quality service of material availability to the packaging lines
- Drive and Implement Focused Improvement Projects
- Ensure financial controls are in place as required by company internal control (ICC)
- To ensure an effective and efficient running of purchasing function:
- Ensure effective procurement of dry goods according to production plans, forecasts, and the use of MRP
- Effective supplier management through monthly supplier meetings and OTIF scores
- Ensure effective procurement and maintain good customer relationships – drive preferential procurement opportunities
- Ensure delivery of the correct materials/services on time and in full
- Build effective relationships with external and internal stakeholders:
- Build effective and trusting relationships with peers
- Collaboration with marketing and execution of NPD projects
- Build effective working relationships with customers/suppliers to achieve results
- Drive continuous improvement in area of responsibility:
- Implement new ideas and improve methods, systems and work processes that will lead to higher quality, or reduced cost
- Entrench a coaching culture using principles of High Performance Coaching
- To ensure competent and motivated people in the purchasing team consisting of MRP and MRO buyers:
- Living the Distell Values
- Ensure that each member of the procurement team has a detailed, actively managed development plan
- Develop and implement a skills-matrix for the procurement team to support a multi-skilled environment
- Develop a succession plan for the procurement team
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Grade 12.
- ND: Logistics and or equivalent tertiary qualification,
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience in buying.
- Energetic and enjoy a fast paced working environment.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills. (Sound in decision making ability).
- Must be able to deal with suppliers and internal customers.
- Proven computer literacy in SAP & MS Office
- Be able to work independently and cope under pressure.
- Strong numerical aptitude and analytical abilities are essential
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.