Shift Manager – Canal Walk
Recruiter:Clicks Group Limited
REF:32767/MUSC/Shift Manager – Canal Walk/040919
Updated on:2019-09-09 00:00:00
To assist the day to day optimal functioning of the store by servicing and retaining our customers thus supporting the achievement of our strategies and objectives in order to successfully attain our Vision…to be the 1ST CHOICE ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE. The position will be reporting to the Store Manager.
Purpose and Objectives
- To co-manage the store along with the Store Manager by effectively planning, leading and directing the store operations team in order to achieve business objectives, excellent customer service and operational excellence; as well as manage the store’s day to day operations in the absence of the Store Manager
- To ensure the consistent delivery of exceptional customer service by applying the Company’s service standards principles and seeking new ways to improve service levels.
- To ensure the achievement of the store’s daily sales targets through the on-going review and driving of sales on the shop floor.
- To assist in the achievement of the store’s financial performance by ensuring that all financial indicators are managed and targets met
- To ensure compliance with all Standard Operating policies & procedures, administration, systems and reporting requirements to minimise risk to the store and maintain the Brand image
- To ensure adequate resourcing, monitoring and control of competent staff in order to drive the achievement of store objectives
- To demonstrate and model consistent, professional behaviour which is aligned with the brands values, policies, procedures and Code of Conduct
- To manage the store’s day to day operations in the absence of the Store Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Essential: Minimum 3 years store/retail/hospitality managerial experience
- People management experience of a large and diverse workforce
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
Skills, Abilities and Job Related Knowledge:
- Sound managerial skills
- Results and target driven
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Strong financial acumen
- Sound understanding and application of financial management principles
- Strong retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of Customer service excellence
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Leading and Supervising
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Working with people
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Kindly note only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
To apply for this job please visit careers.clicksgroup.co.za.