Sappi Southern Africa requires a Stores Controller to order, receive, maintain, issue and control inventory.
This role reports in to the Buyer
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- place purchase orders for all purchases
- daily follow up to ensure on-time delivery
- obtain quotes as per requirements
Receiving of goods
- ad hoc receipt of goods from suppliers when required
Binning of goods
- oversee correct binning and stacking of inventory in stores
Issuing of goods
- oversee the issuing of goods by the issue clerks
Maintaining good housekeeping
- responsibility for the house keeping of stores areas, which includes stores, fuel, motor store, oil store, oxygen store and glue
- assist with all stock takes with the buyer to ensure accurate counts are done
- follow up and correct any variances
- ensure stock on hand for maintenance; critical spares review and daily replenish cycle
- report any unsafe conditions and SHEQ hazards
- comply with all SHEQ requirements of the job
- manage all rotable equipment; returns and follow-ups, stock takes, replacement cycle evaluation, weekly feedback and repairs
- assist buyer in daily management of staff and stores
- supervision of issue and admin clerks
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12
- 3 years clerical and Engineering store experience
CLOSING DATE: 22 OCTOBER 2019
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.