Division: Revenue Services
Salary: R 342 480 to R469 824 p.a (Plus benefits)
Equity Requirements: : In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to suitably qualified people with disabilities, African females, White Females and Indian Females to give effect to the City’s Employment Equity Objectives
· Manage installation, maintenance of prepayment meter, conventional meter, AMR direct driven and smart metering up to and including 3 phase 150 Ampere installations
· Inspection and resolution of prepayment meters low and no purchase exceptions
· Inspect and replace electricity meters to ensure effective and sustained service delivery
· Repair or reinstate any tampered, unsafe or illegal connected service connections and metering installation
· Investigate alleged tampered connections and meter and collect evidence.
· Ensure completed own and teamwork adheres to governance and legislative requirements
· Ensure team adhere to specified standards, policies and SOPs to prevent and reduce wastage on financial resources and escalating associated risk
· Maintain good customer relations and efficient and effective service delivery
· Maintain professional interaction to ensure ethical dealings with stakeholders at all times
· National Diploma (N/T/S) Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) or equivalent NQF 6 qualification
· Qualified Trade tested Electrician
· ECSA Registered (Pr Techni Eng.)
· Relevant knowledge of Municipal electrical Distribution networks and Metering
· 3 years’ experience in similar environment
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za). Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Primary Location: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
To apply for this job please visit ekurhuleni.taleo.net.