Job number 707341
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
• Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers’ satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
• Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you’re open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
• Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner’s mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
• Diverse & Inclusive: You don’t just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available intern roles in, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered as a intern you must have completed your studies in December 2019, be available to start full-time in January 2020, and only be graduating in early 2020.
The internship will fulfill the role of a trainee Technical Account Manager (TAM). The TAM is the primary customer facing support role within the Microsoft Services organization, and is responsible for the satisfaction of our customer’s support services relationship, for quality delivery and overall customer growth. This role offers an opportunity to be front and center with our customers supporting them in their digital transformation, while accelerating your career by driving business impact.
Key Accountabilities include:
TAMs focus on understanding the customer’s business and IT objectives in order to develop and manage the delivery of services to enable customers to realize the of value of Microsoft products and cloud services.
The TAM must be a change agent by articulating the case for change and helping our customers evolve their IT maturity, drive productive use of Microsoft products, and enable and support IT to make the business more effective.
The TAM is responsible for the profitability of our services and increasing our customers cloud commitment through portfolio management, all in a manner consistent with Microsoft’s legal, fiscal and personnel policies.
The TAM must be aware and proficient in understanding the Services portfolio, and the entitlements and benefits available to the customer to be able to articulate the value of these services to support customer success.
The TAM is responsible for understanding the customer’s priorities and constructing a strategic plan that defines the Support team’s approach to bring value to the customer.
The TAM pursues, orchestrates, and facilitates programs of work to deliver outcomes that bring value to the customer. The TAM is the owner of the overall support experience across the entire lifecycle that includes planning, consumption, and delivery governance.
This role requires strong communication skills and imaginative, bold thinking in all situations, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence. The TAM must be able to show leadership in supporting teams comprised of Microsoft, Partner and customer resources who may be engaged in the delivery of complex solutions.
• On-track to complete a Bachelors degree in an IT related course like Computer Engineering, Computer Science, BIS, Information Systems, etc.
• English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Preferred Qualifications:• Passion for technology and Innovation
To be considered as a student or recent graduate, you should be within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
This internship is to be undertaken for 6 months in our Bryanston, Johannesburg office.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.