AEL is looking to recruit a Technical Officer to work in Modderfontein. To provide Technical Services to AEL Operations with respect to Process Technology, Quality Engineering and Manufacturing Systems Engineering as to entrench and uphold the AEL quality system within dedicated areas in compliance to the ISO 9000 framework.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Optimize current processes to meet all customers and internal requirements.
• Prioritize and develop projects based on critical needs.
• Identify and manage resources to execute process improvement projects.
• Analyse and troubleshoot process problems so as to make continuous and permanent improvements.
• Oversee implementation of new processes and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with company and industry standards.
• Provide ongoing technical support and guidance to the team to meet organizational goals.
• Technical and quality data and reporting.
• Comply with governance & compliance policies and procedures.
• Stakeholder relations and management.
• Comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards.
• Work closely with team members to select most appropriate process improvement techniques.
• Develop and maintain process related documents.
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric / Grade 12.
• Technical qualification in Chemical Engineering or NQF equivalent.
• BSc or B-tech in chemical engineering will be advantageous.
• Minimum 1 – 2 years relevant experience is required (preferably explosives manufacturing).
• Working knowledge of all legal and safety requirements, e.g. Explosives Act, OHS Act, and Factory / Departmental Regulations.
• Knowledge of good explosive practices is necessary.
• Knowledge and understanding of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or similar manufacturing philosophies.
• Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to function both independently as well as in a team matrix structure
• Critical information seeking
• Conceptual thinking
• Rational persuasion
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Companies can expire their jobs at any time on their own discretion and without notice.Please take note: As a Job Seeker, you should not have to pay up front for any admin fee or any other “application fee”. If something seems out of place about the agency report it immediately to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.