We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Location: Western Cape
This position will be based at our in Food Lovers Market Pinehurst, Cape Town. Report directly to the Store Manager.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Till controllers will also be responsible for ensuring cashiers are on duty and for ensuring that all cashiers have enough change before starting their shift. Till Controllers may also need to deal with customer complaints. Till controllers are also accountable to sign for petty cash allowances. The Till Controller will be responsible for doing refunds and voids on all tills for customers and cashiers respectively.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all payment measures. Being able to work at a fast pace without error. Able to void and refund amounts.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service
- Sufficient product code knowledge as well as maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Ensure that all money is accounted for. The need to balance tills on a daily basis.
- Ability to process information through the till register system.
- Ability to communicate with customers and to have good people skills.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation such as credit card transactions, petty cash slips and cash-ups.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job such as the till and the money counter machine.
- Managerial skills will ensure that the till controller is able to manage cashiers and take charge of monetary accounts.
- Time management to ensure that all cashiers are ready to start before the store opens and that pick-ups, cash-ups, change orders and banking are ready on time.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills to communicate well with cashiers, cash office staff, admin clerks, managers and trainee manager.
- Must be willing to work market/retail/flexible hours i.e.: some Saturdays/Sundays/Public Holidays/ Overtime
Please email your CV in word format to the email address provided. (Please click on “Apply for job” below
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org