With support & guidance build key knowledge & skills that equips the role to develop category plans which demonstrate the ability to plan the right merchandise for the right stores at the right time as well as a strong understanding of all the financial measures around sales, stock & profit.
- Job Learning:
- Apply learnt knowledge & skills by:
- Demonstrating awareness of the factors which influence the way we perform in current trade how to manage opportunities & risks accordingly.
- Demonstrating how to optimize stock in the light of the critical path & achievement of KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator).
- Participating in the building of an assortment which is informed by current trade, post mortem, & the seasonal strategy.
- Demonstrating how to forecast a financial plan, highlight variances for sales, orders, stock, markdown planning going forward.
- Current Trade:
- Extract & analyse financial KPI’s & product performance against set plan by sub department season, category & sub category.
- Contribute towards compiling a draft report highlighting all issues that have impacted performance.
- Assist with re-forecasting financial plan iro sales, orders, stock, markdowns & concluding current trade action plan.
- Conduct regular competitive shops/store visits & as an outcome relay the findings & recommended action plan.
- Building an Assortment:
- Participate in building the assortment plan in collaboration with the buying & location planning team.
- Maintain the assortment in the relevant system (APS).
- Extract & analyse reports on the assortment for the planner.
- Order Placement & Product Allocation:
- Create all order lines for the season with your greater team ensuring accuracy in all detail inclusive of category & sub category detail, product attributes, size curve, cost prices, selling prices, and PMO.
- Follow up on order & resolve any potential problems with the planner.
- Assist greater team to ensure order raising & allocations are completed timeously according to calendar deadline requirements.
- Degree/ Diploma Qualification with 2-3 related quantitative or supply chain subjects.
- 0-1 Year work experience.
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; sheetstreet and mrpmoney.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
To apply for this job please visit yourjourney.csod.com.