Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
This career opportunity is available at Santam Specialist Business: Aviation for the Underwriting Clerk to be based in Sandton.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
To assist in completion of policy issuance and maintenance. Communication with internal and external stakeholders. Address and resolve client / broker enquiries. Understand and interpret different instructions received.
• Client/ Broker interaction.
• Capture and administer client data.
• Capture new policies on Kindle system.
• Adherence to TCF and POPI regulations.
• Address and resolve enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain relationships and communication between internal and external stakeholders.
• Compliance adherence.
• Service lever agreement adherence.
• Maintain individual targets as agreed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in an insurance environment.
• FAIS accreditations advantageous.
• Experience on kindle system advantageous.
• Commercial Policy knowledge advantageous.
• Aviation knowledge advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Ability to function independently and under pressure.
• Deadline driven.
• High attention to detail.
• Computer literacy skills.
• Data processing and numerical skills.
• Conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of stake holders and maintain confidentiality.
• Proactive/ability to use own initiative/innovative.
• Effective time management skills.
• Process thinking.
• Deciding and initiating action.
• Working with and leading people.
• Relating and networking.
• Persuading and influencing.
• Presenting and communicating information.
• Learning and researching.
• Coping with pressures and setback.
• Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
• Logical and analytical thinking.
• Flexibility and adaptability to change.
WHO WE ARE:
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.
Please click on “Apply for job” below and follow the link to the online application form.
(View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za)
Employers may expire their jobs at any time without notice.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za.