VACANT POSITION: Web Developer
POSITION BASED IN: Rivonia – Johannesburg
REPORTING TO: Head Of Operations
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term Contract
DATE ADVERTISED: 13 June 2019
Responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications.
KEY PERFORMANE AREAS:
1. Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices;
2. Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices;
3. Integrate data from various back-end services and databases;
4. Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs;
5. Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revision;
6. Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent;
7. Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications;
8. Register web sites with search engines to increase web site traffic;
9. Create web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical, or data models;
10. Develop databases that support web applications and web sites;
11. Respond to user email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks;
Aggressive and creative problem-solving skills;
Highly attentive to detail;
Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
BSc/BA in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field.
Strong computer skills.
Experience and Skills
Min 3 years’ proven work experience in web programming;
Deep expertise and hands on experience with Web Applications and programming languages;
Solid functional knowledge on design experience with Web Services;
Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS;
A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices;
Knowledge of code versioning tools.
Suitably qualified Candidates must forward their CVs, ID copy and copies of qualifications to the email address provided below (Click on “Apply for Job”). Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing date: 23/06/2018
To apply for this job email your details to Support@vhghrpayroll.co.za